Woo Hoo!! I have now hit 1000 followers here on Tumblr! Thank you guys so much for supporting me and my art. As promised, I have a pretty epic contest in store for you all.
About the Contest
This summer, I will be unveiling my new online sculpture class over on Skillshare.com. It will largely follow the same format as my book, Creature Sculpt, but will be video based. It will also have a forum where you can interact with other students as well as myself!
In April, I will be filming content for this class. I will be creating several different sculptures during the various demonstrations. I already have a few designs in mind, but I thought it would be cool to use a character designed by one of my viewers too! And this is where the contest comes in.
I am looking for your coolest, original character and creature designs to base one of my class sculptures off of! Most all original characters are eligible, but I am NOT looking for human/humanoid characters as my class is going to be animal and creature based. These must be 100% original designs and not fandom-based in any way. I will select the design I find the most interesting and/or will best help me to demonstrate my sculpting techniques.
What You Can Win
* The winning character will be featured in my sculpting class, and the artist will be credited to the design.
* The winner will also be given the chance to have the finished sculpture shipped to them, free of all costs except for shipping and packing (to be paid via PayPal).
* In addition, the winner will get free entry into my new class!
How to Enter
* Follow me, emilySculpts, here on Tumblr.
* Reblog this post, leaving the original text and image intact.
* To your reblog, add your personal entry information. This should include up to 5 images of your original character as well as any supplemental text. You may include pose sketches or composition ideas as well if you have any sculpture-specific ideas. Turnaround sheets are helpful but not required.
* You may enter as many times as you’d like. Multiple characters are allowed in each reblog. Or if you come up with another idea after your first entry, you may reblog the post again.
Official Rules, Please Read in Full
* Entries will be accepted through April 1, 2014. I will close polls that evening at 11:59 EST.
* Winner will be announced on April 5, 2014. Please be certain to watch your feed and messages on this day. I will make a public post announcing the winner and will also message the winner privately. If you do not claim your prize within 48 hours, I reserve the right to choose a new winner.
* Entries MUST be submitted on Tumblr via a reblog of this post. No other entries will be accepted, no exceptions.
* Character must be your own, original creation. No fan-based characters will be accepted.
* Sorry, no human/humanoid characters this time. This is for a creature and animal based class.
* Submissions must be art-based; no lengthy text descriptions or stories. (Short textual explanations of certain aspects are fine.)
* You may submit art that someone else has created of your character so long as proper credit is given. Also be sure to receive permission from the artist before posting their work.
* While you may make suggestions, I will be determining the final pose, setting and size of the sculpture.
* I reserve the right to use my own artistic license to change certain aspects of your character to meet the needs of my class. I may also make overall style changes.
* I reserve the right to use photos and videos of the sculpture while it is both in progress and completed in any way I see fit. This will include virtual classroom use as well as advertisement.
* I will not claim any sort of rights to your character and you will be credited as the creator where appropriate (ie, in the video or class credits).
* If you want me to ship you the finished sculpture, you will be responsible for covering all necessary shipping and packing costs. These costs will vary depending on where you live, but will generally be around $30-70. This MUST be paid for via PayPal.
* If no suitable characters are submitted, I reserve the right to not pick a winner. But I don’t see that happening :)